Lonely Planet South America
Lonely Planet: The world’s number one travel guide publisher*
Lonely Planet’s South America is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Trek past emerald terraces and steep peaks to Machu Picchu, lose count of wildlife species in the Amazon rainforest and party until the early hours in Rio de Janeiro – all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of South America and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s South America:
- Recommendations with honest reviews - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Highlights and 1-3 month itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, literature, cinema, landscapes
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Covers; Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet’s South America is perfect for taking a longer, multi-country trip, comprehensively connecting you with the cultures that you’re experiencing – from popular places to right off the beaten path.
- eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalize your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations’ websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world’s number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we’ve printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You’ll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, eBooks, and more.
‘Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.’ – New York Times
‘Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.’ – Fairfax Media (Australia)
*Source: Nielsen BookScan: Australia, UK, USA, 5/2016-4/2017
Important Notice: The digital edition of this book may not contain all of the images found in the physical edition.