Theology: The Basic Readings / Alister E McGrath
This highly successful and popular book is now available in a thoroughly expanded and updated new edition. Alister E. McGrath, one of the world’s leading theologians, provides readers with a concise and balanced introduction to Christianity as it has been interpreted by many of its greatest thinkers and commentators, from its beginning to the modern day.
Theology: The Basic Readings, 3rd Edition comprises sixty-eight readings spanning twenty centuries of Christian history. To help readers engage with the material, each reading is accompanied by an introduction, comments, study questions, and a helpful glossary of terms used by its author.
- Readings are drawn from a broad theological spectrum and include both historical and contemporary, mainstream, and cutting-edge approaches
- Uses the Apostles’ Creed as a framework to introduce readers to writings on key issues, such as faith, God, Jesus, creation, and salvation
- Represents two thousand years of sustained critical reflection within western Christianity
- Encourages readers to interact with each text and to engage with primary sources
- Serves as an ideal companion to the bestselling, Theology: The Basics or as a standalone text
Theology: The Basic Readings, 3rd Edition is an essential guide to the topics, themes, controversies, and reflections on Christianity as they have been understood by many of its greatest commentators.
Du kan också vara intresserad av dessa...
Brief history of heaven, A
McGrath, Alister E - Blackwell 2003
The God Book
Hinduism; Japanese Shinto; tolerance; toleration; Orthodox Judaism; personal God; impersonal God
Arnheim, Michael - Andrews UK 2015
Philosophers without Gods : meditations on atheism and the secular life
- Oxford University Press 2007
A Short History of Atheism
Religion & Spirituality; Nonfiction
Hyman, Gavin - I.B.Tauris 2010
The God Delusion
Richard Dawkins - Transworld 2009
Grunderna för god förvaltning
Mäenpää, Olli - Helsingfors universitet 2007
If god is a woman, who am i?
Schweitzer, Danna - Xlibris 2012