Lonely Planet Scotland
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Scotland is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Sip the water of life, whisky, in an ancient pub, trace the trails of the clanspeople fleeing Glen Coe, or play a round in St Andrew's, golf's spiritual home; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Scotland and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Scotland Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - castles, lochs & mountains, islands, literature, food & drink, museums, culture, wildlife, the land
- Free, convenient pull-out Edinburgh map (included in print version), plus over 50 colour maps
- Covers Edinburgh, Glasgow, Highlands & Islands, Inverness & the Central Highlands, Orkney & Shetland and more
- The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Scotland , our most comprehensive guide to Scotland, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
Looking for a guide focused on the Highlands and Islands or Edinburgh? Check out Lonely Planet Scotland's Highlands and Islands guide for a comprehensive look at all these regions have to offer; or Pocket Edinburgh a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves. The world awaits!
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' -- Fairfax Media
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
Important Notice: The digital edition of this book may not contain all of the images found in the physical edition.
- Available with these library cards:
- Kyyti-kirjastot (Hamina-Fredrikshamn, Iitti-Itis, Kotka, Kouvola, Miehikkälä, Pyhtää-Pyttis, Virolahti-Vederlax)
- Lastu-kirjastot (Asikkala, Hartola, Heinola, Hollola, Kärkölä, Lahti-Lahtis, Orimattila, Padasjoki, Sysmä)
- Vaski-kirjastot (Kaarina-S:t Karins, Kustavi-Gustavs, Laitila, Lieto-Lundo, Masku, Mynämäki, Naantali-Nådental, Nousiainen-Nousis, Paimio-Pemar, Pyhäranta, Raisio-Reso, Rusko, Salo, Sauvo-Sagu, Taivassalo-Tövsala, Turku-Åbo, Uusikaupunki-Nystad, Vehmaa)
You may be interested in...
Lonely Planet Scotland
Scotland travel; Scotland travel guide; Scotland travel guidebook; Scotland; Scotland guide; Scotland guidebook; Edinburgh; Glasgow; Orkney; Shetland; Highlands
Symington, Andy - Lonely Planet Publications Ltd 2015
Lonely Planet Pocket Vancouver
places to visit; places to visit before you die; cultural tourism; travel guides; sights (attractions); tourist routes
- Lonely Planet Publications Ltd 2017
Lonely Planet Nova Scotia, New Brunswick & Prince Edward Island
Prince Edward Island travel guidebook; Halifax; Peggy's Cove; Cabot Trail; Newfoundland; Labrador; Bay of Fundy; sights (attractions); tourist destinations
Brash, Celeste; Sieg, Caroline; Zimmerman, Karla - Lonely Planet Publications Ltd 2014
Frommer's England and Scotland
Brewer, Stephen; Cochran, Jason; Gillmore, Lucy; Strachan, Donald - FrommerMedia 2015
Lonely Planet Travel With Children Sampler
Travel; Children; Parents
Planet, Lonely - Lonely Planet Publications Ltd 2015
Travel With Dogs
; travel; dogs; pet travel;
Planet, Lonely - Lonely Planet Publications Ltd 2016
New Orleans Travel Guide
Planet, Lonely - Lonely Planet 2017