Lonely Planet England
Lonely Planet: The world’s number one travel guide publisher*
Lonely Planet’s England is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Ponder the mysteries of Stonehenge, visit Shakespeare’s home town and take in a London show – all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of England and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s England:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
- Covers London, Newcastle, Lake District, Cumbria, Yorkshire, Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham, Midlands, the Marches, Nottingham, Cambridge, East Anglia, Oxford, Cotswolds, Canterbury, Devon, Cornwall and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet’s England is our most comprehensive guide to England, and is perfect for discovering both popular and offbeat experiences.
Looking for just the highlights? Check out Pocket London, Pocket Bath, Bristol & the Southwest, Pocket Oxford & the Cotswolds and Pocket The Lake District, our small, handy-sized guides featuring the top sights and attractions for a shorter visit or weekend away.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world’s number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we’ve printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You’ll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
‘Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.’ – New York Times
‘Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.’ – Fairfax Media (Australia)
*Source: Nielsen BookScan: Australia, UK, USA, 5/2016-4/2017
Important Notice: The digital edition of this book may not contain all of the images found in the physical edition.
- Available with these library cards:
- Kyyti-kirjastot (Hamina-Fredrikshamn, Iitti-Itis, Kotka, Kouvola, Miehikkälä, Pyhtää-Pyttis, Virolahti-Vederlax)
- Vaski-kirjastot (Kaarina-S:t Karins, Kustavi-Gustavs, Laitila, Lieto-Lundo, Masku, Mynämäki, Naantali-Nådental, Nousiainen-Nousis, Paimio-Pemar, Pyhäranta, Raisio-Reso, Rusko, Salo, Sauvo-Sagu, Taivassalo-Tövsala, Turku-Åbo, Uusikaupunki-Nystad, Vehmaa)
You may be interested in...
Lonely Planet Pocket London
Stonehenge; Tower of London; windsor castle; Natural History Museum of London; London Eye; Big Ben; Buckingham Palace; Westminster Abbey; Wembley Stadium; Tower Bridge; Loch Ness; Bath; Globe Theatre; Hadrian's wall
Filou, Emilie - Lonely Planet Publications Ltd 2016
Lonely Planet Best of Great Britain
; britain; england; scotland; wales; northern ireland; london; stonehenge; bath; oxford; cotswolds; cambridge; the lake district; edinburgh; skye; snowdonia; the great glen;
Planet, Lonely - Lonely Planet Publications Ltd 2019
Lonely Planet Pocket Boston
Boston travel; Boston travel guide; Boston travel guidebook; Boston guidebook; Boston guide; Harvard; Fenway Park; New England travel; New England travel guide; New England travel guidebook; New England guidebook; New England guide
Planet, Lonely - Lonely Planet Publications Ltd 2015
Oxford, Cotswolds & around
Englanti; Iso-Britannia; Oxford; Cotswolds
- Lonely Planet 2012
Lonely Planet Nova Scotia, New Brunswick & Prince Edward Island
Prince Edward Island travel guidebook; Halifax; Peggy's Cove; Cabot Trail; Newfoundland; Labrador; Bay of Fundy; sights (attractions); tourist destinations
Brash, Celeste; Sieg, Caroline; Zimmerman, Karla - Lonely Planet Publications Ltd 2014
Lonely Planet Pocket Vancouver
places to visit; places to visit before you die; cultural tourism; travel guides; sights (attractions); tourist routes
- Lonely Planet Publications Ltd 2017
Ett år i London
invandrare; anpassning; levnadssätt; vardagsliv; humor; London; Storbritannien
Sjögren, Kristina - Exceca 2011