Lonely Planet Central America on a shoestring / Lonely Planet
#1 best-selling guide to Central America*
Lonely Planet Central America on a Shoestring is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, what hidden discoveries await you, and how to optimize your budget for an extended continental trip. Snorkel with dazzling corals and oversized starfish, marvel at the restored temples of Tikal, or wander through the picture-perfect cobblestone streets of Granada; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Central America and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Central America on a Shoestring:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Budget-oriented recommendations with honest reviews - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including culture, history, religion, art, literature, music, politics, landscapes, wildlife, and cuisine
- Over 104 local maps
- Useful features - including Off the Beaten Track, Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), and First Time Central America
- Coverage of Guatemala, Belize, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Mexico's Yucatan, Cancun, Chiapas, Tegucigalpa, San Salvador, Managua, San Jose, Antigua, Roatan, the Highlands, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalise your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Central America on a Shoestring, our most comprehensive guide to Central America, is perfect for those planning to optimize their budget for an extended continental trip.
- Looking for just a few of the destinations included in this guide? Check out Lonely Planet's country guides to those particular destinations,our most comprehensive guides that cover both the top sights and take the roads less travelled, or check out Lonely Planet's Discover Guides which are photo-rich guides to those destinations' most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Carolyn McCarthy, Greg Benchwick, Joshua Samuel Brown, John Hecht, Tom Spurling, Iain Stewart, Lucas Vidgen, and Mara Vorhees.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
*Bestselling guide to Central America Source: Nielsen Bookscan. Australia, UK and USA, May 2012 to April 2013.
- Available with these library cards:
- Eepos-kirjastot (Alajärvi, Alavus, Evijärvi, Ilmajoki, Isojoki-Storå, Isokyrö-Storkyro, Karijoki-Bötom, Kaskinen-Kaskö, Kauhajoki, Kauhava, Kuortane, Kurikka, Laihia-Laihela, Lappajärvi, Lapua-Lappo, Perho, Seinäjoki, Soini, Teuva-Östermark, Veteli-Vetil, Vimpeli, Ähtäri-Etseri)
- Ratamo-kirjastot (Hausjärvi, Hyvinkää-Hyvinge, Loppi, Nurmijärvi, Riihimäki)
You may be interested in...
Lonely Planet Peru
Book; guidebook; information; highlights; Spanish; tourism; recommendations; tours; itineraries; info; map; Lima; Machu Picchu; Lake Titicaca; Inca Trail; Cuzco; Nazca Lines; Colca Canyon; Chan Chan
Planet, Lonely - Lonely Planet Publications Ltd 2016
Lonely Planet South America on a shoestring
book travel; traveller; traveler; for travel; traveling; will travel; if a traveler; the traveller
Planet, Lonely; Louis, Regis St; Bao, Sandra; Brash, Celeste; Clark, Gregor; Egerton, Alex; Kluepfel, Brian; Masters, Tom; McCarthy, Carolyn; Raub, Kevin - Lonely Planet Publications Ltd 2016
Costa Rica Travel Guide
Costa Rica; matkaoppaat
Lonely Planet - Lonely Planet 2012
Costa Rica : travel guide
matkaoppaat; Costa Rica
- Lonely Planet 2011
Mexico Travel Guide
Lonely, Planet - Lonely Planet Publications Ltd 2012
Noble, John - Lonely Planet Publications 2012
Insight Guides: New Zealand
Insight Guides - APA 2012