Lonely Planet Canada / Lonely Planet, Karla Zimmerman, Celeste Brash, John Lee, Sarah Richards, Brendan Sainsbury, Caroline Sieg, Andy Symington, Ryan Ver Berkmoes, Benedict Walker
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Canada is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Experience the grandeur of the Rockies, marvel at the totem pole carvings of the Haida people, or hit the powdery slopes on the outskirts of Vancouver; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Canada and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Canada Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money, and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, aboriginal culture, outdoor activities, road trips & scenic drives, politics, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, and wine
- Free, convenient pull-out Vancouver map (included in print version), plus over 100 maps
- Coverage of Vancouver, Ontario, Alberta, British Columbia, Quebec, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Newfoundland, Labrador, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Manitoba, Nunavut, the Yukon territory, Prince Edward Island, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalize your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Canada, our most comprehensive guide to Canada, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less traveled.
- Looking for a guide focused on Montreal & Quebec City or Vancouver? Check out Lonely Planet's Montreal & Quebec City guide or Vancouver guide for a comprehensive look at what each of these cities has to offer.
- Looking for just the highlights of Canada? Check out Lonely Planet's Discover Canada, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Karla Zimmerman, John Lee, Ryan Ver Berkmoes, Sarah Richards, Celeste Brash, Benedict Walker, Andy Symington, Caroline Sieg and Brendan Sainsbury.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travelers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
- Available with these library cards:
- Anders-kirjastot (Halsua, Kannus, Kaustinen-Kaustby, Kokkola-Karleby, Lestijärvi, Toholampi)
You may be interested in...
Lonely Planet Alaska
Alaska travel; Alaska travel guide; Alaska travel guidebook; Alaska; Alaska guide; Alaska guidebook; Anchorage; Juneau; Denali; Kodiak; Canada travel; Arctic travel; Northern Lights travel; Arctic; Northern Lights
Planet, Lonely - Lonely Planet Publications Ltd 2015
5 of USA's Best Trips
Benson, Sara - Lonely Planet 2010
Murha myllyssä : jännitysnovelleja
Hautamäki, Ata; Jansson, Eija; Karppi, Marcus; Kokkola, Ritva; Linna, Martti; Lännenmäki, Sisko; Parkkonen, Seppo; Raivio, Jouko; Sarkola, Ritva; Somppi, Tero; Vainikka, Sakari; kirjailijat
- Myllylahti 2007
Lonely Planet British Columbia & the Canadian Rockies
British Columbia travel; Canadian Rockies travel; British Columbia travel guide; Canadian Rockies travel guide; British Columbia travel guidebook; Canadian Rockies travel guidebook
Lee, John; Sainsbury, Brendan; Berkmoes, Ryan Ver - Lonely Planet Publications Ltd 2014
Lonely Planet Southeast Asia on a shoestring
travelling for beginners; travel survival; travel for dummies; money; budget; money travel; travel planet; book travel; traveller; traveler; for travel; traveling; will travel; if a traveler; the traveller
Planet, Lonely; Ray, Nick; Albiston, Isabel; Bloom, Greg; Eimer, David; Richmond, Simon; Stewart, Iain; Berkmoes, Ryan Ver; Waters, Richard; Williams, China - Lonely Planet Publications Ltd 2016
Lonely Planet Texas
texas travel guidebook; west texas
Balfour, Amy C; Berkmoes, Ryan Ver; Lioy, Stephen - Lonely Planet Publications Ltd 2018
Lonely Planet Nova Scotia, New Brunswick & Prince Edward Island
Prince Edward Island travel guidebook; Halifax; Peggy's Cove; Cabot Trail; Newfoundland; Labrador; Bay of Fundy; sights (attractions); tourist destinations
Brash, Celeste; Sieg, Caroline; Zimmerman, Karla - Lonely Planet Publications Ltd 2014